Estimated read time: 4-5 minutes
SALT LAKE CITY — Now that the second phase of the Salt Lake City International Airport's completion is preparing for landing, officials at Utah's largest airport are looking for more businesses to arrive in the growing facility.
Airport officials on Monday announced they've started the process to accept new businesses to fill in the 19 units planned as a part of "Phase 2" of the new airport project. Between restaurants and retail, there are already 45 different businesses at the airport. They range from local businesses such as Hip & Humble and Market Street Grill to national chains like Starbucks and Shake Shack.
The new business space as a part of the growing airport adds up to 23,873 square feet in retail and restaurant space. There were some hints provided Monday as to what's expected out of the new business units.
"A total of 12 food and beverage locations are planned, including two full-service restaurants with alcohol service, a globally recognized fast-food hamburger chain and two dedicated coffee concepts," officials wrote in a news release. "In addition, seven specialty retail, news/gift and service locations are part of the Phase 2 extension."
They said that they're hoping to have a "balanced mix" of local, regional and national businesses. Pricing, hours of operation, as well as service standards, are also considered in the selection process, officials added.
A Salt Lake City Department of Airports selection committee will review every application to see if it qualifies to be included for consideration. The committee will then rank the proposals and meet with the top businesses to be included at the airport.
Businesses can find a request for proposal on the Salt Lake City website. Airport officials said all businesses interested must also be registered on the Utah Public Procurement Place webpage to download documents and submit proposals. The deadline for businesses to submit their proposals is Jan. 21, 2022.
The announcement Monday comes a week after Salt Lake City leaders, airport officials and construction crews celebrated the "topping out" of the airport's Concourse A-East building. The ceremony marked the last beam needed to complete the skeleton of the structure. The building, which will also house 22 airline gates, is set to partially open in spring 2023 before the project is completed by 2024.
The first phase of the new airport wrapped up last year and opened on Sept. 15, 2020. Bill Wyatt, the airport's director, said last month that there is a third phase of expansion in the airport's future but there are no concrete dates for that work to begin.
Restaurants/cafes already at Salt Lake City International Airport:
- Beans & Brews (Concourse A)
- Cafe Rio (Concourse A)
- California Pizza Kitchen (Concourse A)
- Fillings & Emulsions (Terminal Plaza Food Court)
- Garbanzo Mediterranean Fresh (Concourse A)
- Gourmandise: Euro Diner and Bakery (Concourse B)
- Granato's Gourmet Market (Terminal Plaza)
- Market Street Grill (Terminal Plaza)
- Panera Bread (Concourse A)
- Pizzeria Limone (Terminal Plaza Food Court)
- Roosters Brewing Co. (Terminal Plaza)
- Shake Shack (Terminal Plaza Food Court)
- Smashburger (Concourse B)
- Squatters Pub Brewery (Concourse A)
- Starbucks (Concourse A, Terminal Ground Level, Terminal Plaza)
- Uinta Brewing Company (Concourse B)
- Wasatch Brew Pub (Concourse B)
Retailers already at Salt Lake City International Airport:
- Briggs & Riley (Concourse B)
- Central Pointe Market (Concourse A)
- CNBC (Terminal Plaza)
- Deseret News (Concourse A)
- Ease (Concourse B)
- Giftology (Concourse A)
- Hip & Humble (Terminal Plaza)
- Hudson (Terminal Pre-Security)
- InMotion (Concourse B)
- iStore (Concourse A)
- Johnston & Murphy (Terminal Plaza)
- KSL News featuring The King's English Bookshop (Concourse A)
- Land Speed Depot by Hudson (Concourse A)
- LEGO (Concourse A)
- Liberty Park/Hip & Humble (Concourse B)
- M.A.C. (Terminal Plaza)
- Maverik (Terminal Ground Level, Concourse B)
- No Boundaries (Terminal Plaza)
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (Terminal Plaza)
- Salt Lake City Dufry Shopping (Concourse A)
- Tech on the Go (Terminal Plaza)
- The Salt Lake Tribune (Concourse B)
- Trip Advisor featuring The King's English Bookshop (Terminal Plaza)
- UNOde50 (Terminal Plaza)
- Utah! (Concourse B)
- Visit Salt Lake (Concourse A)
- XpresCheck (Concourse A)
- XpresSpa (Coming soon to Concourse B)