SALT LAKE CITY — In its daily update, the Utah Department of Health Sunday reported 412 more confirmed cases of COVID-19, one death and 12,631 more vaccines administered in the state.
Overall, that brings Utah to 374,850 cases, 1,976 coronavirus-related deaths and 855,663 vaccines given since the pandemic began. The health department says 309,882 Utahns are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which requires two shots of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines or one dose of the recently approved Johnson & Johnson shot.
The health department reports 191 Utahns are currently hospitalized due to COVID-19, including 73 in intensive care. The state is using just over 71% of its total ICU capacity.
Sunday's numbers come as 8,818 more tests were conducted. Over the past week, the state is averaging 519 more cases per day and a positive test rate of 4.4%.
The death reported Sunday was of a Cache County man between ages 45 and 64 who was hospitalized when he died. Utah is fast approaching 2,000 total coronavirus deaths during the pandemic, but its fortunes have improved over the past month as vaccine distribution has inoculated many of the state's most vulnerable citizens.
Starting Monday, all Utahns age 50 and up will be eligible to schedule a coronavirus vaccine. The vaccine is also available to Utahns with certain underlying conditions. The full list of eligible conditions is available at coronavirus.utah.gov/vaccine.
- Saturday: 570 COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths, 26,098 vaccinations reported on anniversary of Utah state of emergency
- Friday: 549 more COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths, 31K vaccinations reported Friday in Utah
- Thursday: COVID-19 vaccine eligibility expanding Monday to Utahns 50 and older as Utah sees 611 new cases, 12 deaths
- Wednesday: 729 more COVID-19 cases, 7 deaths, 18,236 vaccinations reported Wednesday in Utah
- Tuesday: 487 more COVID-19 cases, 9 deaths, over 20K vaccinations reported Tuesday in Utah
- Monday: 257 more COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths reported Monday in Utah
More information about Utah's health guidance levels is available at coronavirus.utah.gov/utah-health-guidance-levels.
Information is from the Utah Department of Health and coronavirus.utah.gov/case-counts. For more information on how the Utah Department of Health compiles and reports COVID-19 data, visit coronavirus.utah.gov/case-counts and scroll down to the "Data Notes" section at the bottom of the page.