MURRAY — One man was badly injured after a motor home caught on fire in Murray overnight, authorities say.
The fire took place about 12:30 a.m. Tuesday near the intersection of Cherry Street and Jensen Lane, about 4550 South, according to Murray Fire Battalion Chief Dave Florin.
The man who was burned said he was inside the motor home cooking before the fire started, but did not say if he was using propane, electricity or another method, Florin said.
The man was the only person inside the motor home when the fire started. His legs and other areas of his body were burned, according to Florin. The man escaped the motor home, and crews put the fire out within about a minute of arriving, Florin said.
Florin did not know the injured man’s exact medical condition as of Tuesday morning, but said he was awake and talking to medical personnel when he was transported to Intermountain Medical Center. The man was then flown to the University of Utah Burn Center via a medical helicopter, Florin added.
The motor home was parked just off the street when it caught fire, but no other buildings nearby were burned. The inside of the motor home was extensively damaged.