News / Utah / 

Provo Fire & Rescue, Facebook

Firefighter injured after Utah Mexican restaurant catches fire

By Ashley Imlay, KSL | Posted - Feb 11th, 2019 @ 10:07pm

5 photos

PROVO — Firefighters Monday night were working to put out a basement fire that started in a Provo Mexican restaurant.

Crews were called to Los Hermanos at 71 E. Center St. at 7:02 p.m., Provo Fire and Rescue Captain Dean York said.

The fire's basement location made it more difficult and dangerous for firefighters to reach, York said, but crews were "aggressively" trying to get to it.

One firefighter sustained minor injuries after falling down a set of stairs at the business, York said. That firefighter was taken to a hospital for evaluation.

A nearby four-story apartment complex at 63 E. Center St. was evacuated while firefighters from at least eight stations fought the blaze.

Center Street at University Avenue to 100 East was also closed during the fire.


Ashley Imlay

KSL Weather Forecast