Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
DEDHAM, Mass. (AP) — The mother of a 16-year-old suburban Boston boy who got sick after eating at a Chipotle Mexican Grill has filed a negligence lawsuit against the Denver-based restaurant chain.
The Boston Globe reports (http://bit.ly/1T5JPLz ) the suit, filed Thursday by Andrea Dow in Norfolk Superior Court, is likely the first of many connected to a norovirus outbreak at the Cleveland Circle location.
About 140 people, many Boston College students, suffered nausea and vomiting after eating there during the first weekend of December. The city ordered the restaurant closed on Dec. 7.
Dow's suit claims Chipotle knew about the sicknesses and didn't take proper precautions. She says her son hasn't fully recovered, continuing to suffer from lingering cramps and bouts of dizziness.
A Chipotle spokesman said he won't comment on pending legal action.
Information from: The Boston Globe, http://www.bostonglobe.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.