News / Utah / 

Block heater sparks house fire in Murray


4 photos

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

MURRAY -- Fire heavily damaged a home in Murray Wednesday morning.

Firefighters say a block heater in a truck parked in a carport malfunctioned and started the truck on fire around 10:30 a.m.

The carport is attached to the home in the 5100 South block of Ivybrook Circle. Flames spread through the carport and into a bedroom.

A neighbor saw the flames and alerted the home's occupants. They got out of the house unhurt.

Early estimates of the damage exceed $100,000.

Photos

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast