Estimated read time: Less than a minute
THISTLE, Utah County — A crash caused major delays on U.S. 6 near Billies Mountain in Spanish Fork Canyon on Friday evening.
The crash, which officials said involved a suicide, temporarily closed the highway in both directions and created severe traffic congestion. Officials warned drivers to expect long delays throughout the evening.
About 9:45 p.m., transportation officials said all lanes were reopened and traffic flow had returned to normal.
Additional information was not immediately available.
Suicide prevention resources
If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of suicide, call 988 to connect with the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline.
- Huntsman Mental Health Institute Crisis Line: 801-587-3000
- SafeUT Crisis Line: 833-372-3388
- 988 Suicide and Crisis LifeLine at 988
- Trevor Project Hotline for LGBTQ teens: 1-866-488-7386
- NAMI Utah: namiut.org
- SafeUT: safeut.org
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Utah chapter: afsp.org/chapter/utah