Estimated read time: 2-3 minutes
REXBURG, Ida. — Every week I'm interviewing fascinating people in our community, nation and around the world!
The idea came from a Facebook commenter who saw a video of me and my family floating down the river in Island Park. The person said I should turn the tables and interview my dad (Nate Eaton) – so I did and the rest is history!
Today I'm so excited to chat with Mat and Savanna Shaw. I interviewed them last year but it was on Zoom – so today I am meeting them for the first time in-person!
Mat and Savanna are a daddy-daughter duo from Utah that rose to prominence during the COVID-19 pandemic. Their first song, "The Prayer," went viral so they continued releasing duets on social media and streaming platforms, with singles charting in both the US and UK.
They quickly garnered a worldwide following resulting in over a half-million YouTube subscribers. In October of 2020, their first album "Picture This" debuted at #1 on the iTunes Pop Chart. They have since taken the #1 spot on multiple Billboard music charts and were recently in town performing with the Rexburg Children's Choir.
Here are the questions I asked Mat and Savanna:
- How does it feel to be in Idaho?
- You have a new Christmas album. What is your favorite song on it?
- I spoke with you one year ago. What have you learned about your career since then?
- What is your favorite song that you have sung together?
- Have you ever forgotten the lyrics to a song on stage?
- What do you hope to accomplish over the next year?
- What advice do you have for me?