News / Utah / 

Shutterstock

12 taken to hospitals after a carbon monoxide leak at Saratoga Springs construction site

By Ashley Fredde, KSL.com | Posted - Apr. 6, 2021 at 9:09 p.m.



SARATOGA SPRINGS — Twelve workers were taken to hospitals after a carbon monoxide leak in the office building under construction that they were working on, officials said.

According to Saratoga Springs Fire and Rescue Deputy Fire Chief Kenny Johnson, fire crews were dispatched to a construction site on the corner of Redwood Road and Pioneer Crossing around 4:30 p.m. Firefighters had received reports of contractors feeling ill and discovered that the building had been flooded with carbon monoxide from some of the equipment that was running in the building, said Johnson.

Johnson said that nine people were transported and three others went by private vehicles to three different hospitals. Fire crews said that those who were transported were in fair condition but displayed symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Lehi Fire Department and Unified Fire Authority assisted at the scene. The fire crews remained at the office building for three hours to ventilate the building to remove the carbon monoxide, said Johnson.

Further details were not released.

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast