SALT LAKE CITY — A 33-year-old construction worker died from an electrical shock at a job site in Salt Lake City, officials said Tuesday morning.
The man was a sub-contractor doing electrical work for an expansion being built at the state archives located at 346 S. Rio Grande Street, said Salt Lake City police detective Greg Wilking.
It appears the man died Monday afternoon from an electrical shock, but was working alone in the corner of a room that is not easily visible, according to Wilking. Co-workers did not notice him and closed the construction site for the night.
The man's wife contacted the company when her husband did not come home, but the company had no information. Co-workers searched the construction site Tuesday morning and found the man's body.
#BREAKING: @slcpd says a 33-year-old man was found dead this AM, killed by an electrical shock inside state archives construction proj. PD says his family was looking for him overnight. He was found in a not easily visible area this AM. PD says it’s a tragic industrial accident pic.twitter.com/vYhQ4AGpSZ— Caitlin Burchill (@newsyCaitlin) August 28, 2018
His name has not yet been released.
Power at the construction site was turned off Tuesday morning as police investigated.
Wilking said the death appears to be an unfortunate accident.
Contributing: Caitlin Burchill, KSL TV and Peter Samore, KSL Newsradio