Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
SALT LAKE CITY — Travelocity has named Salt Lake City one of its top 10 New Year's Eve destinations.
The travel website ranked the city as one of the best for those looking for a fun-filled way to ring in the new year.
"The sights and sounds of this mountain town are turned up a notch on New Year's Eve with three full days of exhibitions, concerts and celebrations," the website said about Salt Lake City. "For families or single travelers, there's something for everyone. Don't miss live music at Gallivan and cool shows at the Clark Planetarium that the kids will love."
- Kaysville New Year's Eve celebration at Davis High School. Bingo, carnival, dancing, etc. 7 p.m.-midnight. More info here.
- Provo City's New Year's Countdown, Provo Town Centre. 6 p.m.-12 a.m. More info here.
- The Shops at Riverwoods Noon Year's Ever hosted by Radio Disney. 11 a.m.-1 p.m. More info here.
- Brian Head Ski Resort New Year's Eve Party, Giant Steps Lodge, 356 S. Highway 143, Brian Head. Monday, beginning at dusk. Cost: $30 for family, $15 for individual. More info here.
- Heart of Dixie New Year's Eve event, Washington City Community Center, 350 N. Community Center Drive. Monday, starting at 7 p.m. to Tuesday morning at 1 a.m. Cost: Children younger than 10, free, regular ticket pricing $10 per person, VIP ticket pricing $15 per person. More info here.
The three-day celebration that helped the city make the list is EVE, which begins Dec. 29 downtown and is expected to be attended by 30,000 people. The event features live music at the Gallivan Center and activities at various venues throughout downtown:
- Gallivan Center
- The Gateway
- Discovery Gateway
- Clark Planetarium
- Temple Square
- Off-Broadway Theatre
- Broadway Cinema
- The Leonardo
This year, EVE introduced national acts onto the stage, including the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Nick Waterhouse, Blind Pilot and !!! (Chk Chk Chk).
The festival at the Gateway focuses less on the 2030 crowd and more on families, with activities including balloon twisters, face painting and the Creative Capsule, as well as the Radio Disney kids countdown at 7 p.m.
Times and locations of events are listed on the EVE website. Tickets are $15 each and can be used throughout the event until midnight on New Year's Eve.
Contributing: Ashley Kewish