3 men accused of stealing $100K worth of Tahoe ski passes


Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

MINDEN, Nev. (AP) — Three suspects have been arrested on charges accusing them of stealing more than 1,000 ski pass vouchers from a Lake Tahoe resort with a total value exceeding $100,000.

Douglas County sheriff's deputies arrested the three men last week — 21-year-old Tim Jacobsen of Minden, 20-year-old Mark Graham of Gardnerville and 25-year-old Angelo Bozin of South Lake Tahoe, California.

Sheriff's Sgt. Bernadette Smith said Tuesday the 1,100 Heavenly ski resort passes valued at $120 each were reported stolen in March and had been showing up at Kirkwood, Heavenly and Northstar resorts.

Smith says the three have been booked on suspicion of conspiracy, felony embezzlement, theft and possession of stolen property. She says they remain in the Douglas County jail on $10,000 bail, and it's not clear if they have obtained lawyers.

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Most recent U.S. stories

Related topics

The Associated Press

    STAY IN THE KNOW

    Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Notice.
    Newsletter Signup

    KSL Weather Forecast

    KSL Weather Forecast
    Play button