Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
SALT LAKE CITY — The big game locally this week features undefeated BYU traveling to a hostile environment to take on a much-improved Utah State team looking to upset the Cougars' run. And then there are four nationally-ranked teams looking to take the next step this weekend.
With the games comes the KSL.com College Football Pick'em, which is back for another season. If you've already signed up then you know the drill; if not, this is an opportunity to guess the score for five games each week to see if you're the closest.
It's a chance to follow the three FBS teams in the state as well as a few national teams. It's also an opportunity for bragging rights ... and maybe a gift card, too.
Each week's first-, second- and third-place winners will get a $100, $70 and $30 Visa gift card, respectively, courtesy of Goldenwest Credit Union. The overall winners of Pick'em will receive a $500 gift card for first place, a $250 gift card for second place and a $100 gift card for third place.
Each week, we'll release the KSL.com sports staff picks for you to see. Can you do a better job than us? Probably, but that's the fun of it all.
This week's games are as follows:
- No. 13 BYU vs. Utah State (Fri. Oct. 1, 7:00 p.m MT, CBSSN)
- No. 8 Arkansas vs. No. 2 Georgia (Oct. 2, 10:00 a.m. MT, ESPN)
- No. 7 Cincinnati vs. No. 9 Notre Dame (Oct. 2, 12:30 p.m. MT, NBC)
- No. 21 Baylor vs. No. 19 Oklahoma State (Oct. 2, 5:00 p.m. MT, ESPN2)
- Boston College vs. No. 25 Clemson (Oct. 2, 5:30 p.m. MT, ACCN)
So head on over to KSL.com Pick'em and fill out your weekly ballot.