Estimated read time: 2-3 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
Those who have ever ridden on a motorcycle know the exhilaration that comes from having the wind whip around you as you fly down the road.
But getting an adrenaline rush isn't the only benefit.
- Having an easier (and more fun) commute. Want to get where you're going faster? Ride a motorcycle. (While some states allow lane-splitting, Utah allows "lane filtering." This means motorcycles can move in between cars that are stopped on roads that have a speed limit of 45 mph or less.)
- Saving on gas. No surprise here, but motorcycles guzzle far less gas than your average car. You get the one-two punch of saving money while also helping the environment.
- Improving your health. They say you never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrist's office. To an avid rider, their bike is their therapy. You'll also burn more calories on a bike than sitting idly in a car.
- Connecting with the world around you. You don't have to worry about text messages or other passengers competing for your attention when you're on a motorcycle because all of your senses are engaged.
- Enjoying some extra freedom. With the idea of self-care growing in popularity these days, there's no better way to give yourself some quality "me time" than by hopping on your bike and hitting the road.
- Looking cool. Though this one is more subjective than others, the popular opinion is that riding a motorcycle automatically increases your coolness factor.
If you don't believe that last one, all you need to do is look to the stars—as in the celebrities.
When they're not shining on the silver screen or entertaining large crowds, many famous actors, singers, and entertainers live for the moments when they can break free on their favorite Harley-Davidson.
These celebrities range from big and burly to petite and scrawny. But they all have one thing in common: they love riding around on their shiny (and often custom-made) hogs.
Think you can guess which celebrities have been spotted riding around on Harley-Davidson motorcycles? Take the quiz below to find out! Be sure to enter your information at the end for a chance to win a $50 Harley-Davidson Intermountain gift card.