KSL Classifieds prides itself on offering the premier local online classifieds service for Utah and immediate vicinity. As with any classifieds service you should make every effort to verify the legitimacy of all offers, from both buyers and sellers. Learn the warning signs and protect yourself. Click here for more info.
There are a number of things you can and should do to ensure you don't get taken advantage of when buying and selling items on KSL.com.
- Always be vigilant for scams (especially those claiming to be from or originating overseas)
- Always ask for paperwork (i.e. registration, warranty info, title, etc.) to verify the seller's claims
- Always verify the item's condition before payment
- Have an expert examine the item before you buy
- Always print a copy of the KSL.com classified ad for your records
- Make sure the terms of the sale are clear
- Create a simple contract and accompany the seller to notarize and validate the transaction
- Meet the seller in person in an open and public location
- Be cautious of anyone who refuses to communicate on the telephone
- When buying a vehicle, have the seller accompany you with the title to the DMV (if they refuse...red flag)
- Call the DMV and ask the agent if the seller owns the car and is able to sell it (800-DMV-Utah)
- Be honest about your expectations
Most importantly, if something seems out of the ordinary or inconsistent - take precautions to protect yourself.
For more information on how to protect against fraud, click here.
* Standard listings are free for up to 5 cars. Additional cost for Featured Ads, advertising space, or more than 5 cars. These terms may change without notice. Contact us for more details.