01/01/2013 11:05pmPast its own New Year's deadline, a weary Congress sent President Barack Obama legislation to avoid a national "fiscal cliff" of middle class tax increases and spending cuts late Tuesday night in the culmination of a struggle that strained America's divided government to the limit.
Browse by Day Archive
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- 1 dead in apparent Cedar City homicide, police search for suspect
- The most famous musician from each state
- Children walk for fallen pioneers at youth parade
- Provo airport expansion could provide up to 700 new jobs
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple Canyon
- Pressure mounts on Wasserman Schultz to resign
- Hacked emails overshadow Democratic National Convention
- Should mountain biking be allowed in designated wilderness areas?
- Scientists looking for invisible dark matter can't find any