11/28/2013 5:07amDestroying Syria's deadliest chemical weapons on land would come with vexing diplomatic and security problems as well as environmental issues. To avoid those potential troubles, U.S. officials say, the Obama administration is exploring the use of a government-owned ship to carry out the disposal in international waters.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police: Salt Lake County Jail sergeant dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Large aquarium fish found at Cedar City pond; ditching fish creates problems
- Poll: Which is Utah’s best small city, Elite 8 round?
- Herriman family wakes up to find stranger in kitchen
- Local kidney foundation honors 3-year-old Elsie Mahe with billboard for organ donation
- Provo doctors use hologram imaging to change the way surgeons operate
- Higher teacher salaries coming to Jordan School District
- 1 critically injured after crash in Riverton
- Without votes, Trump and GOP leaders pull health care bill off House floor
- Herbert signs bill lowering blood-alcohol limit to .05 percent