Official: Carbon monoxide leak sickens 3

Official: Carbon monoxide leak sickens 3

Save Story
Leer en espaƱol

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

OGDEN, Utah (AP) -- A fire official in Ogden says three people were hospitalized for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning after a leak blamed on a faulty water heater.

Ogden Fire Capt. Jon Fretwell tells the Standard-Examiner of Ogden that firefighters went to an apartment building about 9 p.m. Tuesday after a man arrived at Ogden McKay-Dee Hospital Center with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Another person in the man's apartment and a neighbor were flown to a Salt Lake City hospital for treatment.

Fretwell says another man was found to have high levels of carbon monoxide in his blood but refused medical treatment.

Fretwell says Questar Gas told firefighters that it was possible that a faulty water heater leaked the odorless toxic gas into furnace ducts that carried it into the apartments.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Associated Press


    Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast