I didn’t want to be gay, Ed Smart tells LGBTQ conference
‘I thought Elizabeth’s ordeal was very difficult, but this one is more difficult,’ he said.
Latest News & Features
Aley Davis | Posted Dec 8th - 12:27pm
Setting regular health goals can be difficult without a way to measure your progress. Health specialist Aley Davis visited with an Intermountain Healthcare LiVe Well expert for a comprehensive physical to get a head start on New Year’s goals.
Andrew Dalton, Associated Press | Posted Dec 8th - 10:56am
Caroll Spinney, who gave Big Bird his warmth and Oscar the Grouch his growl for nearly 50 years on “Sesame Street,” died Sunday at the age of 85 at his home in Connecticut, according to the Sesame Workshop.
Josh Furlong, KSL.com | Posted Dec 8th - 10:47am
Coming off a Pac-12 Championship Game loss to Oregon, Utah dropped in the national rankings ahead of bowl season.
Ashley Kewish, KSL TV | Posted Dec 8th - 10:13am
Members of the Utah State School Board of Education proposed changes to how Utah students spend their school day, hoping to count the time they spend at recess as classroom instruction time.
Graham Dudley, KSL.com | Posted Dec 8th - 8:32am
Garfield County authorities found a body near Egypt Road in Escalante late Saturday.
Graham Dudley, KSL.com | Posted Dec 8th - 8:12am
Four residents were displaced and two were evaluated for smoke inhalation after a fire swept through an Ogden trailer park Sunday morning.
Josh Furlong, KSL.com | Posted Dec 8th - 8:01am
Conference championship weekend went mostly as expected, other than an uncharacteristic showing from Utah as the Oregon Ducks dismantled the Utes in the Pac-12 Championship Game.
Aley Davis | Posted Dec 8th - 7:27am
Mary Kawakami turns 107 next week. She manages to exercise every single morning, thanks to her 75-year-old son who diligently comes over daily.
Ryan Miller, KSL.com | Posted Dec 8th - 12:13am
Jae Crowder returned to Utah Saturday. It was his first time playing in Vivint Arena since he was traded last summer, and he got a warm welcome back.
Ryan Miller, KSL.com | Posted Dec 7th - 10:34pm
Utah needed this one. And it didn’t matter that it was against the lowly Grizzlies playing without their franchise centerpiece rookie point guard Ja Morant.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Dec 7th - 9:44pm
No. 17 Utah claimed a stunning 25-15, 25-15, 25-15 upset of No. 13 BYU Saturday to advance to the Utes’ fourth Sweet 16 in program history, snapping a four-match winless skid against their southern rivals with their second win in the last 10 in the series.
Ashley Imlay, KSL | Posted Dec 7th - 8:28pm
About 50 patients from children’s hospitals in Salt Lake City boarded a plane Saturday to the North Pole, where they met Santa and received gifts from their wish lists.
Annie Knox, KSL | Posted Dec 7th - 7:32pm
For nearly three decades after her adult daughter vanished, JoAnn Ellsworth reminded her surviving children of a lesson she had learned as a teenager.
Joseph Coles, Associated Press | Posted Dec 7th - 6:54pm
Sam Merrill had 24 points and eight rebounds and Abel Porter scored seven of his 13 points in overtime as No. 25 Utah State beat Fresno State 77-70 on Saturday night.
Gretel Kauffman, KSL | Posted Dec 7th - 6:44pm
Single-family homes in Salt Lake County are more expensive than ever, a recent report shows.
Carra McManamon, KSL.com | Posted Dec 7th - 5:35pm
Big second half adjustments and a few key defensive plays helped edge the Wildcats past Kennesaw State in a come from behind 26-20 victory in the second round of the FCS playoffs.
Jen Riess, KSL.com | Posted Dec 7th - 4:25pm
The Deseret Industries building in Layton was evacuated Saturday after police received a call saying someone had accidentally donated dynamite.
Dan Rascon, KSL TV | Posted Dec 7th - 4:17pm
Throwing a Christmas party is no ordinary event for one family in South Jordan.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Dec 7th - 3:13pm
Alex Barcello had 13 points, including three of the Cougars’ 14 3-pointers, and Yoeli Childs chipped in 13 points, 14 rebounds and two assists to help BYU cruise past UNLV, 83-50 at Vivint Smart Home Arena.
Martha Ostergar | Posted Dec 7th - 2:27pm
Family comes in all shapes and sizes, including the family you make while in kindergarten.
Kelsey Dallas and Matthew Brown, Deseret News | Posted Dec 7th - 2:08pm
Under cold, gray skies, a coalition of religious and LGBTQ organizations gathered outside the Capitol building Friday to introduce a bill they say can solve the growing conflict between religious freedom and gay rights.
- I didn’t want to be gay, Ed Smart tells LGBTQ conference
- Why home prices in Salt Lake County are higher than they’ve ever been
- Utah drops to No. 12 in AP Top 25, No. 10 in Coaches Poll following Pac-12 title game loss
- Garfield County officials discover dead body in Escalante
- Josh Furlong's AP Top 25 ballot: Utah suffers biggest fall after title game defeat
- Why an almost 107-year-old Utah woman exercises with her son every morning
- ‘A grave is a luxury’: Case advances in death of Utahn missing for more than 30 years
- 'Something blew up every 6 months’: Salt Lake man finally gets bare-metal rat rod on the road
- If you don’t think going 5 mph over will get you a ticket, UHP says think again
- State School Board Of Education proposes counting recess as classroom time
- District says it's not liable for boy, 8, who killed himself
- Caroll Spinney, the puppeteer who voiced Sesame Street's Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch, has died at 85
- FBI on fatal shooting at naval base in Florida: ‘We work with the presumption that this was an act of terrorism’
- FBI says no arrests made in Florida naval base shooting; all international students at base have been accounted for