Proposal to change Utah County government form has skeptics, supporters
The Utah County Commission held the first of four public hearings to discuss the proposed transition to a mayor-council form of government.
Latest News & Features
Mallory Hughes, CNN | Posted Jan 23rd - 5:45pm
Apple pie, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, pecan pie, blueberry pie, banana cream pie, peach pie, key lime pie, coconut cream pie, peanut butter pie, crack pie, chocolate cream pie, grasshopper pie ... are you hungry yet?
Jeff Giles, KSL.com Contributor | Posted Jan 23rd - 5:14pm
Cars themselves seldom tell a story on their own. The 1964½ Ford Mustang coupe, however, is a classic car that oozes charisma and character all while telling its own unique story.
'We have to proactively be thinking toward the future': Utah economy bolstering commercial real estate market, analyst says
Jasen Lee, KSL | Posted Jan 23rd - 4:57pm
Utah’s economic strength is powering a booming commercial real estate market. For expansion to continue, local business and civic leaders will have to be purposeful in the way they plan for growth, a real estate researcher said.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Jan 23rd - 3:21pm
Three Utah State football players who were cited with drug possession charges have had their cases dismissed in court, according to court documents filed Thursday in Logan City Justice Court.
Katie Workman, KSL.com | Posted Jan 23rd - 3:03pm
There’s a swathe of things to love about this video. Most of all, it’s this dog’s determination to join his friend in the pool — despite any amount of chaos it causes.
Silicon Slopes Tech Summit | Posted Jan 23rd - 3:00pm
The most anticipated gaming tournament to hit Salt Lake City is giving away tickets for you and a friend to join.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Posted Jan 23rd - 2:33pm
Colin Haynie, the husband and father to a woman and three children who were killed in Grantsville last week, spoke for the first time through an attorney Thursday on the loss of his family members.
The Associated Press | Posted Jan 23rd - 2:03pm
New charges have been filed against a Utah couple arrested last year in connection with the deaths of a New Hampshire couple found buried at a South Texas beach.
Dennis Romboy, KSL | Posted Jan 23rd - 1:48pm
Utah prison officials failed to improve oversight of county jails that house state inmates after abuse and mismanagement shut down the Daggett County Jail three years ago, according to a new state audit.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Jan 23rd - 1:17pm
Moments after being shot by a Salt Lake City police officer, Tyler Keaton Webster stopped trying to flee from police and asked for their help.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Jan 23rd - 12:47pm
For two months, the Wolverines struggled to get their first win over a Division I opponent before Dec. 21 against Utah State. Since then, they've won 7-straight, including a 5-0 start to WAC play.
Boyd Matheson, Deseret News | Posted Jan 23rd - 12:26pm
During my time as a Senate chief of staff in Washington, D.C., I always walked to the Senate office, usually in the stillness of the early morning hours. The walk was cherished quiet time to reflect deeply on the founding principles of America before being forced to engage in the rush and crush of the daily Senate schedule.
Wendy Leonard, KSL | Posted Jan 23rd - 12:21pm
No one was fired following the recent roll-out of Utah’s new HIV awareness campaign, Gov. Gary Herbert said Thursday.
Josh Furlong, KSL.com | Posted Jan 23rd - 11:58am
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will break ground on the Layton Utah Temple on May 30, 2020, according to a news release issued by the church Thursday.
Mark Kennedy and David Bauder, Associated Press | Posted Jan 23rd - 11:34am
Jim Lehrer, longtime host of the nightly PBS “NewsHour” whose serious, sober demeanor made him the choice to moderate 11 presidential debates between 1988 and 2012, has died, PBS said Thursday. He was 85.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Jan 23rd - 11:34am
A man staying in a Utah vacation rental property is accused of arranging to have a 17-year-old girl perform sex acts for money in several states.
Josh Furlong, KSL.com | Posted Jan 23rd - 11:02am
A man seriously burned in a motor home fire last week has died from his injuries, authorities say.
Alicia Lee, CNN | Posted Jan 23rd - 10:24am
It's an exhilarating feeling we can all relate to -- FedEx notifying you that your package has been delivered.
Ladd Egan, KSL TV | Posted Jan 23rd - 9:44am
Two young women were wanted for questioning after police said they scammed residents of a retirement community out of cash and checks by claiming they were raising funds for religious missions.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Posted Jan 23rd - 9:19am
Utah legislators will fully repeal a controversial tax reform bill. The announcement comes just days after critics of the bill finished collecting thousands of signatures to oppose it.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Posted Jan 23rd - 8:57am
A woman is in "very serious" condition after being hit by a car in Park City on Thursday morning, officials say.
- New text message scam disguises itself as FedEx notification
- 'This loss is almost unbearable': Grantsville father speaks out about deadly family shooting
- Daybreak HOA raises monthly payment 100% to cover building defects
- Marijuana citations against 3 Utah State football players, including QB Jordan Love, dismissed
- Body camera video released of Salt Lake police shooting
- Church announces groundbreaking date for Layton Temple
- Murder charges: Teen shooter waited hours between killing mother, siblings
- Charges: Man exploited teen girl for sex trafficking in several states
- Woman in 'very serious' condition after being hit by car in Park City
- Proposal to change Utah County government form has skeptics, supporters
- Jazz have shut down false narratives all season; they'll get another chance over the next 10 games
- After 2 months of losing, UVU women's hoops rising to become WAC contender
- Has there ever been a better decade of draft picks than the 80s for the Jazz?
- 'When did he add that?' Gobert's offensive game has been there for awhile, but it's improving
- Mountain lion euthanized after attacking 3-year-old boy in a California wilderness park
- National Parks are free today in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr's birthday
- Desolation Canyon float trips: What they might cost and why that matters
- Utah cougar harvest quotas increased as wildlife officials seek to combat deer decline