07/01/2013 3:34pmFiscal years begin July 1 on most financial calendars, and a slew of state government spending regulations kick in each year on that date. Policy laws also hit the books in a wave, though states often mark their independence by enacting such legislation on their own time.
Browse by Day Archive
- Federal government employee caught driving recklessly
- Coin counting machine experiment: How accurate are they?
- Paramedic commuting to work aids man who suffered heart attack while driving
- Boyfriend of the year sews iconic ‘Beauty and the Beast’ ball gown for fairy tale marriage proposal
- Italy crews work through night after avalanche hits hotel
- Road reopened after fatal Ogden crash
- Redford talks Trump, growth in Utah as Sundance kicks off
- Obama commutes sentences of 3 Utah drug offenders
- Elephant protein destroys human cancer cells, Utah researchers say
- Continuous snow takes big bite out of UDOT snow removal budget