07/01/2013 3:34pmFiscal years begin July 1 on most financial calendars, and a slew of state government spending regulations kick in each year on that date. Policy laws also hit the books in a wave, though states often mark their independence by enacting such legislation on their own time.
Browse by Day Archive
- Have You Seen This? Spider carries a mouse
- Idaho family sues city after paramedics severely burn newborn baby
- Man charged with 2 Magna killings from 2015
- Obama administration confirms double-digit premium hikes
- Parent punches student in the stomach in a school hallway, then just walks away
- Posting a ballot selfie? Better check your state laws first
- Judge orders life sentences in kidnapping of mom, 4 daughters
- Search suspended for missing daughter of one of Utah's 'Piano Guys'
- Mom holds separated twin for first time
- Authorities: Bus driver didn't brake before hitting big rig