01/31/2013 4:34pmPresident Barack Obama's nominee for defense secretary on Thursday defended his views of the military and global threats, pushing back against criticism that has focused on his past statements on Israel, Iran and nuclear weapons. Chuck Hagel told senators that America "must engage _ not retreat _ in the world," and insisted that his record is consistent on that point.
Browse by Day Archive
- 2 Weber County couples killed in plane crash on I-15
- FBI names Utah woman who died on cruise ship, will announce charges
- Why intense workouts are leading to a life-threatening condition
- Wednesday's Child - 'I should have a mom, but for now I don't'
- Teen pleads not guilty in fatal crash recorded on Instagram
- FBI investigating death of Utah woman on Alaskan cruise ship
- Waist-deep water floods homes, cuts power in Salt Lake
- Spinning Ohio State Fair ride breaks apart; 1 dead, 7 hurt
- Now hiring at Amazon: Thousands of people in 1 day
- Ogden police searching for suspect in shooting