01/31/2013 4:34pmPresident Barack Obama's nominee for defense secretary on Thursday defended his views of the military and global threats, pushing back against criticism that has focused on his past statements on Israel, Iran and nuclear weapons. Chuck Hagel told senators that America "must engage _ not retreat _ in the world," and insisted that his record is consistent on that point.
Browse by Day Archive
- Multi-vehicle crash closes section of northbound I-15
- Quiz: Can you pass a 5th grade math exam?
- 5 of the worst movie titles
- Man severely beaten with bat at Tooele rest stop
- Family who nearly lost cabins in fire snaps 'angelic' photo
- 'Blue family' steps up for son of fallen cop on first day of school
- Sodalicious files counterclaim in 'dirty' soda feud with Swig
- This photo of a couple saying goodbye is breaking hearts
- South Jordan woman to run 30 marathons before turning 30
- Emotional video shows teen asking mom’s boyfriend to adopt her