12/13/2013 7:50amThe rural home where Nelson Mandela grew up in the 1920s had mud walls, a grass thatched roof, and a floor polished smooth with cow dung. When throngs flood Mandela's hometown on Sunday for his burial, they will visit a simple place steeped in old ways but which now has become the center of a massive state operation to honor the anti-apartheid leader.
Browse by Day Archive
- Utah House votes to remove sales tax on food
- Salt Lake City leaders 'optimistic' in negotiations over inland port authority
- The least and most dangerous countries to be a newborn
- Video shows trooper vehicle hit for a second time during snowy conditions
- Woman's killer pleads guilty to burning her home down
- 'These kids are fighting back': Salt Lake students plan march after Florida shooting