02/20/2013 11:14amIn December 2012, the LDS Church reached a significant milestone as the 3,000th stake was organized. Perhaps even more significant is the location of this stake: Sierra Leone, a West African country known for its tragic and violent history.
Browse by Day Archive
- 1 dead, 4 arrested in Salt Lake drug deal gone bad, police say
- A landmark day for drone flights arrives
- Woman dies after falling 100 feet at Mt. Olympus
- Lost Boy survived Sudanese civil war but died alone on streets of Salt Lake City
- Texas 2nd-grade teacher says no homework this school year
- 2 dead, 36 hurt after bus hits fire truck, more vehicles
- Holladay family credits hard decisions with helping their toddler's cancer disappear
- Florida man returns lost wallet with $3,400 inside
- The 25 loudest dog breeds
- Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'