09/27/2013 8:28pmWhen U.S. Army Sgt. Brian Wood returned from Afghanistan, he was honored with an amazing surprise — Habitat for Humanity had offered to help his family build their first house. But things quickly got ugly when neighbors started a petition to stop the construction because they feared it would not fit in with the rest of the community.
Browse by Day Archive
- Park City man saves for 11 years to buy, rebuild Lamborghini
- Trump takes charge: Sworn in as nation's 45th president
- Former Ute lands in first round of NFL mock draft; fans react to Raiders’ Vegas move
- Man reunited with missing dog after wife dies in car crash
- Joy erupts as Italian rescuers pull out avalanche survivors
- Boyfriend of the year sews iconic ‘Beauty and the Beast’ ball gown for fairy tale marriage proposal
- Coin counting machine experiment: How accurate are they?
- S. Ogden man charged in fatal shooting says victim disrespected co-worker's sister
- Canadians plead guilty to violations at parks across US West
- Student protesters call for U. to become a sanctuary campus