News / Utah / 

Carbon Monoxide From Propane Heater Kills One Man

Carbon Monoxide From Propane Heater Kills One Man



Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

BERYL, Utah (AP) -- Authorities are investigating the death of a 21-year-old man and the injury of his brother after they apparently suffered carbon-monoxide poisoning.

The incident happened at a farm house off state Route 56 in Iron County over the weekend.

Deputies say Francisco Mendoza-Garcia died at the scene --- while his brother, Teodoro Mendoza-Garcia, was taken to the hospital in critical condition.

Officers say before the men went to bed Friday night --- they turned on a propane heater. But when family members called them the next morning --- deputies say they did NOT answer their phone. So, another brother apparently drove from Las Vegas to check on them.

The case remains under investigation. ------ Information from: Deseret Morning News, http://www.deseretnews.com

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast