News / Utah / 

Cigarette May Have Started House Fire in Ogden

Cigarette May Have Started House Fire in Ogden



Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) A South Ogden man's dog saved his life this morning by alerting him to a fire.

Investigators believe a discarded cigarette started the fire, which quickly engulfed the house.

The homeowner made it out okay, however his dog died in the fire.

When crews arrived, the home was engulfed in flames. A man inside got out unharmed.

He says he may have left a cigarette smoldering, and it could have caught his couch on fire.

The home is a total loss.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Utah

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast