Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
(Salt Lake City-AP) -- Salt Lake City firefighters say it was a duck that caused a fire in the Sugar House neighborhood over the weekend.
The duck died when it flew into a power line. The collision caused a power surge that ignited a swimming pool chlorine pump.
They had to evacuate the 24-hour fitness center to deal with the fire Saturday. A hazardous materials crew determined that only a harmless amount of chlorine had spilled.
(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)