News / Utah / 

Teen Admits to Manslaughter in Crash that Killed Three



Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

PROVO, Utah (AP) -- A 16-year-old boy admitted to three counts of second-degree manslaughter in a car crash that killed three teenagers last year.

Brad Emory told a Juvenile Court judge that he was driving 85 mph in his mother's Ford Mustang when he lost control and slammed into a Chevrolet Suburban in Hobble Creek Canyon on Aug. 2.

On March 14, he could be placed on probation or confined to a juvenile-detention facility until he is 21.

"I would like to see him locked up until he's 18," said Sandra Pierce, grandmother of one of the victims, Brady Conger.

Three people in the Mustang were killed instantly: Conger, 17, of Springville; Katelyn Gabbitas, 17, of Springville; and Tasha Brammer, 18, of Mapleton.

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Utah

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast