This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY -- The Utah Jazz return to the hardcourt Tuesday looking to extend their winning streak to a season high four games when they take on the Oklahoma City Thunder in Salt Lake City.
Utah (7-6) has won four consecutive home games against the Thunder (7-7).
In their last game, the Jazz defeated the Detroit Pistons 100-97 in overtime. Playing starter-like minutes, Kirilenko came off the bench, scoring 22 points and grabbing 10 rebounds to lead the Jazz..With the win over Detroit, the Jazz have five more home games before finally hitting the road again December 5th.
Oklahoma City is looking to rebound after a loss to the Los Angeles Lakers Sunday night. The Thunder committed 19 turnovers in the 101-85 loss.
KSL takes a look back and a look ahead as we prep for the game against the Thunder.
What did we learn about the Jazz against Detroit?
- Even with only 9 players, the Jazz can still win
- Deron Williams has recored a double double the past two games
- Kirilenko off the bench works for the Jazz rotation
What can the Jazz expect from Oklahoma City?
- Through the first three weeks of the NBA season, Thunder second-year guard Russell Westbrook has shown an improved all-around game. During his first eleven contests, Westbrook is averaging 16.4 points, 7.5 assists and 4.9 rebounds in 34.1 minutes per game. Only a select number of NBA players have maintained such averages throughout the course of an entire season.
- Last year, the Thunder won a total of eight road contests and it took OKC until February 28th (at MEM) before claiming their fourth road win. The OKC franchise last won four consecutive on the road in March of the 2004-05 season. The Thunder is one of a few teams in the NBA that own four-plus road wins this season.
- The Thunder have allowed 105.7 points in its last three games
Probable Jazz starting lineup
- C - Mehmet Okur, 6-11, 273 lbs., Turkey
- PF - Carlos Boozer, 6-9, 260 lbs., Duke
- SF - Ronnie Brewer, 6-7, 236 lbs., Arkansas
- SG - Wesley Matthews, 6-5, 224 lbs., Marquette
- PG - Deron Williams, 6-3, 207 lbs., Illinois
Probable Thunder starting lineup
- PG - Russell Westbrook
- SG - Thabo Sefolosha
- SF - Kevin Durant
- PF - Jeff Green
- C - Nenad Krstic
Jazz Injury Updates
- Kyle Korver - OUT
- CJ Miles - OUT
- Ronnie Price - OUT
Thunder Injury Updates
- Shaun Livingston - OUT (left knee)
- Nick Collision - Questionable (left knee soreness)
The Thunder have gone 0-4 at Utah since moving to Oklahoma City. The Jazz are playing their best basketball so far, coming off a three game winning streak. The Jazz should win this one, but Kevin Durant probably will have a big game.