Fire Likely Started by Ashes

Fire Likely Started by Ashes

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) A reminder this morning to make sure ashes are out before you put them in a garbage can.

This, after a garbage can full of ashes causes thousands of dollars in damage in Alpine.

Firefighters say the detached garage to a house was fully engulfed in flames by the time they arrived last night.

Investigators say they found a trash can full of ashes inside the garage, and that's probably what started the blaze. The residents had apparently cleaned out the fireplace.

Firefighters were able to save the home and no one was hurt.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast