My advice is to stay focused on what is most important. It is most important that we are connecting as a family and that we are having time together. A great way to make sure you are focused on the right thing is ask yourself, "Does this really matter in the long run?"
Here are a few of my ideas about how to make family time more enjoyable and bring more connection.
1. Focus on making time together positive and memorable. Be patient.
2. Allow conversation to be the real centerpiece of the event and time together. Talk to your kids. Focus more on connection.
3. Have a plan for family time, but be flexible within that plan.
4. Remember that less is more. Plan less structure and have a lot more fun. Sometimes we have way too much structure and it adds stress and unrealistic expectations.
5. Be present when you are together. Make sure your head is in the game for those few moments you have with the kids and your family.
6. Focus on the things that are working. Look for what's good and point it out to the family.
7. Fake it until you make it. If you're not having a good time in the moment, just smile and fake it until you make it. If you wait long enough, something funny within your family is going to happen.CLICK HERE to hear more about family time. (Depending on the speed of your internet connection, this could take a few minutes to download the audio.)