Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
(KSL News) -- The desire for a cozy fire led to a devastating loss tonight in West Valley City, near 3831 S. 3520 West.
Firefighters say this fire started, when the family used lighter fluid to start a blaze in their fireplace.
The family tried to put the fire out with a blanket, but sparks caught one woman's clothing on fire.
A quick, stop, drop and roll prevented any serious injuries.
The damage to the home is severe... at least 100-thousand dollars.