Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Sends Three to Hospital

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Sends Three to Hospital

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(Orem-AP) -- Three people are recovering after being poisoned by carbon monoxide.

Firefighters were called to an Orem home just before six p-m last night.

Three adults were taken to Timpanogos Hospital and later transported to a Bountiful hospital where they could be put into a hyperbaric chamber that puts oxygen back into the bones.

An Orem firefighter says this was one of the most severe cases of carbon monoxide poisoning he's ever seen.

The home was tested for the poisonous gas. The meter showed levels at 215 parts per million. The acceptable level is 35 parts per million.

Questar Gas is investigating the cause of the high levels.

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast