Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Victims Released from Hospital

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Victims Released from Hospital

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(Orem-AP) -- Three people treated for carbon monoxide poisoning are recovering at home.

Questar Gas officials say they found a leak in the newly installed furnace in their home. They also found a problem with a gas line leading to a gas stove. Those problems combined created the hazardous environment.

A woman took her 18-year old daughter and an adult male family friend to the hospital when they weren't feeling well Sunday night. When paramedics arrived at the home, they found a 41-year old man in the back bedroom sleeping. He was transported to the hospital.

The three treated at the hospital were taken for further treatment to another hospital where they could be treated in a hyperbaric chamber for carbon monoxide poisoning.

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast