Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Sends Two to Hospital

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Sends Two to Hospital

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) Carbon monoxide poisoning sent two people to the hospital today.

Fire crews say they got a call from Alta View Hospital after a man drove himself and his son in because they were feeling sick.

When crews arrived at the home, they found a high concentration of carbon dioxide gas inside the home, as well as a strong odor of natural gas.

Don Rosenkranz/ Sandy Fire Dept.: "What we'd like to let everybody know is number one, make sure you've got a good CO detector and that it's working, just like your smoke alarms. Also, if you start feeling sick like this, leave your residence or open some doors and windows to vent it out and give us a call."

Crews say part of the danger is that the large amounts of snowpack on roofs could have blocked the furnace vents, trapping the exhaust inside homes.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast