Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
WASHINGTON, Utah (AP) -- Investigators believe a fire that killed a Kanab man was ignited accidentally after he poured an accelerant through the two bedrooms and the hallway of his Washington mobile home.
Brian Walcher, 57, was found dead in his mobile home on Sunday.
Washington County Sheriff Kirk Smith said the accelerant appeared to have ignited prematurely, probably from a pilot light.
A melted gas can was found near Walcher's body.
(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)