(South Ogden-AP) -- The mayor of South Ogden has burns on his arms and chest after a fire that broke out during a barbecue over the weekend.
Mayor George Garwood says he was cooking on his grill when a pine tree caught a spark from the grill and started a fire. Garwood was able to put out the fire before fire crews arrived, but a tree in his yard was destroyed and the heat from the fire warped aluminum siding on his home.
Garwood suffered minor burns but is expected to be OK.
(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)