PLEASANT GROVE, Utah (AP) -- Fire investigators are trying to figure out what kind of substance in the city's sewer system allegedly caused a fire at a business.
The fire department responded Monday to the Dance Showcase Company, where a water heater apparently ignited fumes escaping from the sewer system through a drain pipe.
There was no major damage, but several businesses in the area had to be evacuated.
Samples from the sewage pipes were sent to a lab to determine the makeup of the substance. Results could take several days.
(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)