Estimated read time: Less than a minute
(KSL News) A CPR recipient is one lucky dog today.
Mitsy got a second chance at life thanks to her quick-thinking owner. When Mitsy didn't come running when called, her owner realized she was choking on a dog treat.
When the heimlich maneuver failed, Mitsy was rushed to the fire station.
Brett James/ Salt Lake City Firefighter, Paramedic: "We're not trained in emergency veterinary medicine, but we treated the dog as if it was a small child."
The paramedics said it's rewarding to make a difference in a life, human or animal.