News / Utah / 
Candle Starts Fire in Orem Business

Candle Starts Fire in Orem Business

Posted - Dec. 10, 2004 at 9:44 p.m.



This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) A candle left burning destroyed an Orem business tonight.

A passerby noticed fire coming from the building at 280 S. State Street around 8 pm. "Angie's Holistic Healing" is the business that burned.

Firefighters say the owner remembers leaving a candle burning inside. It's the latest in a string of candle fires along the Wasatch Front.

Battalion Chief Andy Byrnes/ Orem Fire Dept.: "Candles need to be on a firm base and they need to be substantial enough that they don't get tipped over easily. They just need to be blown out when nobody's in the room, when you leave the house. They can't just be left burning."

In this fire, the candles ignited a nearby drapery and the fire spread from there.

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast