Snake Starts House Fire

Snake Starts House Fire

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

OREM, Utah (AP) -- An unlikely source is to blame for about $12,000 in fire damage to a home.

Police speculate Landon Nielsen's pet boa constrictor wrapped itself around a heat lamp inside the cage and pulled the lamp down, which set the cage ablaze.

The fire spread, destroying the snake, the bedroom where the snake was kept and causing about $12,000 in damage throughout the home, Lt. Doug Edwards said. The home's occupants escaped unharmed.

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast