Candle Sets Toddler's Dress On Fire

Candle Sets Toddler's Dress On Fire

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

SPRINGVILLE, Utah (AP) -- A Springville toddler is suffering from severe burns this morning after her dress caught on fire.

It happened yesterday morning.

Officials say the 18-month-old girl's dress touched a burning candle and burst into flames. She was at home with her father at the time of the incident.

The toddler suffered burns on her left side and back and was flown to the University Hospital. The little girl has both second and third-degree burns.

Police say they do not suspect foul play.

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast