Electrical Short Blamed for Evanston Fire

Electrical Short Blamed for Evanston Fire

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) -- A shorted out electrical wire is the cause of a house fire that killed two firefighters in Evanston.

23-year-old Jacob Cook and 39-year-old Robert Henderson died in Monday's fire - they both lived in Evanston.

An explosion went off killing them when they opened the door to a burning storage closet.

They went into the burning town home in an attempt to rescue children reportedly trapped inside.

Nobody was inside the building.

A third firefighter suffered burns, but is expected to make a full recovery.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast