(KSL News) -- Two students at the Clearfield Job Corps Center have been infected with a serious, invasive bacteria called Neisseria meningitidis.
As a precaution the Davis County Health Department is giving antibiotics to more than 1,500 students at the center.
While the potentially deadly bacteria can cause a form of meningitis, it gave these two teens, a boy and a girl, pneumonia. The boy is the most serious.
The CDC has sent an epidemiologist to Clearfield to help both the Davis County and State Health Departments investigate the two cases. There's no evidence at this point the infection has spread beyond the two students.