Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
(KSL News) A Taylorsville family is forced into the street when their home catches on fire.
Dispatchers say the fire started just after 5:30 this morning. It happened on 5433 South and 5475 West.
Crews were on the scene quickly and were able to find the fire in the basement and confine it to one room. Firefighters say the family was able to get out unharmed, including the family dog, but no thanks to their smoke detectors.
Steve Judkins of the Unified Fire Authority says for some reason they didn't work correctly.
The family was forced to quickly evacuate the home. The fire is out, but crews are still mopping up hot spots, and investigating.
No word yet, when the family will be allowed back in their home.