Cause of Blaze Investigated

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) -- Firefighters say a cigarette started a fire at an assisted living facility in Salt Lake this morning.

Crews arrived at the Escalante Apartments to find a small fire in a bedroom. Investigators say a cigarette ignited a mattress.

One woman was taken to the hospital for minor smoke inhalation, but was later released.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast