Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
WEST JORDAN -- Police and fire investigators are trying to learn why a man working inside a chimney insert suddenly collapsed Friday morning.
The 39-year old man was in a home near 2900 West and 8000 South installing the insert when he became unresponsive. Battalion Chief Reed Scharman said the man had been working in a confined space.
He said, "There were wires and things in the area where he was working, but we were unable to determine exactly what had caused his medical condition."
Crews began CPR on the man and rushed him to the hospital in extremely critical condition. The man was later pronounced dead.