- 1 dozen white carnations
- 4-6 galax or other greens
- Green Food Coloring
- White or Green French ribbon (wired ribbon)
- Scissors or pruners
- Floral preservative Directions (by Maggie Wolf, USU Horticulturist)
1. Place flowers in bucket with lukewarm water and cut at least one inch from bottom of stem while stems are under water.
2. Place flowers in bucket or large vase with about half gallon of water. Add 1 teaspoon of green food coloring to water.
3. Leave flowers in colored water for about 5 days to bring green color into flowers.
4. Strip leaves from stems using scissors or pruners.
5. Gather flowers into a tight bunch making the center slightly higher than the outside edges. Place naturally curved flowers toward the outside edge.
6. Tie stems together with ribbon about 1-2 inches from flowers.
7. Cut stems so flowers are 1-1/2 to 2 times the height of the vase.
8. Place flowers in vase with water and floral preservative.
9. Place galax or other greenery around top edge of vase.